Friday 28 October 2011

AccuQuilt Go

Hello again

Sorry I have not been about for a while, but been very busy. Toady I am going to tell you what I have been up to.
I have bought myself the most wonderful addition for my patchwork and quilting - The AccuQuilt GO

This machine is amazing, a MUST have for all patchwork and quilters out there. It comes with a die which had 2 different sized squares and triangles, and they are so accurate it's amazing. Makes piecing so much more accurate, quicker and gives a better finish.

I also treated myself to some additional dies:


I have plans already for this die, including a cushion cover and a wall hanging (I'll post pictures when they are done).
I bought this one to do some amazing baby quilts, and intend to combine with the round flowers (see below) to do some vibrant and batik wall hangings.

I used the 'leaf' from this one together with the circle below to make an amazing cushion today - my first real play with the Go
This is the first time I have used the Go and am really pleased with the results -
I used the squares from the value die (came with the machine) plus the circle and the feather, I cut 2.5 inch strips with my cutter (have added the strip die to my wish list) and away I went, so quick, so precise I am well impressed.

Tomorrow I plan to try out my heart die, so watch this space for what I come up with, but overall this cutting machine is so easy to use and so precise I would now not be without it, wish I found them years ago.

signing off for today

F xx

3 comments:

  1. What a hoot. Very cute owl pillow.

    I look forward to seeing what you create with your GO! Enjoy!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have so much fun with it! I have several things I have posted that were done with the GO! Baby. Can't wait to see what you do!
    Quilting by the River

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute owl pillow totally jealous you have a go

    ReplyDelete